Twenty things about me as tagged by Gloria Lakritz. If you want to do these, go ahead 😀
I’m supposed to share 20 things. Things people don’t know? See, I’m pretty open about stuff. Sooooo… you probably know these things but here goes.
1. I have mild Aspergers. For years I thought I was broken, wrong… off. Well, yeah kinda but now I don’t have to try to fix it. Apparently my family knew since I was a little kid but didn’t tell me because they didn’t want that stigma attached to me. Would have saved me years of therapy and drug experiments had I known. So my world’s a little sideways but I’m okay with that.
2. I have to work to be social. It’s not natural. I have to remember to ask someone How are they doing if they ask me first. Lots of social cues to be read.
3. That said, being social wears me the fuck out. It’s like I have to be constantly on alert like some hyperactive pointer in the middle of a squirrel family reunion.
4. When I was almost four, a roach crawled into my left ear, laid her eggs and left. The said progeny hatched one night. Everyone thought it was an ear infection until… well, bugs. I went to the hospital that night and we never went back to that apartment. My grandfather who’d raised me for the first few years of life wasn’t going to let me go back there. His only daughter, Roberta, died of an ear infection when she was three (before penicillin).
5. I have scarring on the inside of my left ear and drum. It makes for a lovely equilibrium problem when I’m flying and a passenger in a car. I sometimes get car sick even when driving.
6. I do NOT get sick on a boat.
7. As a child, I anthropomorphized everything. I couldn’t give up a book because I didn’t want its feelings to get hurt.
8. I have nothing from my childhood…toys and the like. I left home very young and my father erased my existence from the household.
9. There are a few pictures of me when I was young. My mother gave them to me years ago along with a composition book I’d scribbled in when I was three.
11. Apparently, I also drew people with square faces and made sure everyone’s philtrum was in place. *
12. The book I drew in apparently was where my mother wrote down recipes she got from my relatives. As a result, I have old recipes for Portuguese sweet bread and malasadas. Along with a few others. **
13. I can sew costumes. I don’t sew because it pisses me off.
14. I cannot stand having cords on my legs or arms. Nothing to do with creepy-crawlies or thinking it’s a bug. I just hate the feel of cords on my skin.
15. I am always shocked when I find out people loathe me. Usually because someone has to have really pissed me off for me to get to that point myself. It surprises me when I discover people have a lower tolerance level or they give a shit about things I just let go by me.
16. I hate writing. I do like making characters and the puzzle of writing. I just hate writing because I can’t ever hit that oomph I want. It’s like having sex and never reaching orgasm.
17. I want to write a book that makes people sob. Because I just want to see if I can.
18. I will never NOT have a happy ending. I will also never kill one of my MCs. I don’t like it in my reading material. I have no intention of writing that.
19. I cannot bake. I have no patience for it. Science. Too much science.
20. I’m actually quite conservative in sexual matters as pertains to me. I don’t do double entendres or work dick jokes into every conversation. I don’t sexualize conversations and sometimes… okay often… I get annoyed when people do it constantly. It’s like fart jokes. Once in a while, okay but a steady diet of it makes me roll my eyes and gack. And not in a Gackt kind of way because that would be cool. It also squicks me out when people start talking about having sexual fantasies with a character I’ve created. They literally are talking about fucking my brain vomit… it’s kinda icky. And gives me odd mental images *grins*
* I don’t know who Lyle Eugene McBurney is. Yes that is my handwriting on the top of the page. Sue me. I was three.
** Andrea Canada and Mary Calmes might find the recipes interesting or useful 😀